Clinical Validation Specialist Coordinator
Because YOU Matter.......
The Care Coordinator, Clinical Validation Specialist is an essential part of our Care Center team. This position assists in the coordination of activities that support the care team in delivering quality clinical services in the field. The Care Coordinator, Clinical Validation Specialist is a vital part of our team that ensures timely services to promote positive health outcomes are delivered to our client’s members. This position will focus on the maintenance and renewal of clinical documentation required for our network of member facing providers. Other responsibilities include telephonic outreach to engage members and providing care coordination to ensure members with complex medical and social needs are met.
Matrix Medical Network is the leading provider of in-home and facility community based care management services and is in the process of revolutionizing health-care solutions. Matrix was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, with regional offices in Largo and Orlando Florida. Matrix has a national clinical organization which provides high-touch, in-home and mobile clinic care to help health plans balance cost and revenue, grow membership and improve the quality of care. After nearly doubling in size in recent years, Matrix continues to be well positioned for continued expansion.
Associates Degree or commensurate experience in lieu of degree.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum 1 years of telephonic customer service experience preferred
• Minimum 1 year experience coordinating patient care
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
• Candidates with previous experience working as a Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Medical Office Staff, or other Healthcare related work history will perform well in this role
• Must have experience working as a positive, proactive, contributing member of a team
• Experience completing medical-related documentation in an electronic health record
• Consistent and effective follow-up skills
• Effective written communication skills; professional email etiquette
• Ability to multi-task, coordinate, and prioritize activities in a rapidly changing environment
• Proven time management and organizational skills
• Possess unquestionable personal and professional ethics, in concert with company standards
• Ability to work independently, coordinating, and assimilating multiple pieces of data to accomplish required tasks
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
• Exceptional telephonic communication skills with health plan members and caregivers
• Ability to build rapport and maintain positive, pleasant demeanor with all levels of internal and external contacts
• Maintain professionalism with members, caregivers, and other health care team members at all times
• Ability to work in diverse, multi-cultural environment and be respectful to health plan members’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
• Capable of assessing when escalation of items is necessary and escalate to the appropriate resource
• Ability to assess when escalation of items is necessary and escalate to the appropriate resource
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and the internet
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Matrix Medical Network is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer