Not just your typical workday…
Break away from workplace monotony. At Matrix, our passion is bringing healthcare to underserved populations, innovating new technologies and creating sustainable programs that change lives. When you have the power to make a difference in the health and well-being of others, every day is extraordinary. We’re headed to the future of healthcare, come join us!
‘I only wish that I could have her as my doctor. My husband and I are both very satisfied and anytime she wants to come back to talk to us our door is always open to her.” - Member
Position: Registered Nurse (RN)
Reports To: Clinical Manager
Department: Clinical Operations
Status: Independent Contractor
Delivering quality and convenient healthcare requires a passion for understanding membersâ€™ needs and subsequently assisting them in taking preventative measures to mitigate current or future health risks. Matrix Medical Network serves our Clients and their Health Plans by providing their members a deeper level of understanding of their needs through affordable access to preventive care. Our organization is founded on the principles associated with changing lives by delivering quality healthcare across the nation where people live and work. Matrix Medical Network thrives on that passion. Using a patient-centered approach, our clinicians seek to understand the current state of the membersâ€™ health and support them in setting mutual, realistic goals.
The contracted per diem Registered Nurse (RN) provides Health Plan Wellness Assessments, educates members, and provides advice and emotional support that drives demonstrated improvements in wellness outcomes. Assessment types may include care coordination, fall prevention and care transitions programs to reduce hospital readmissions. As Registered Nurses, in an ever-growing organization, you will be presented the opportunity to perform clinical assessments to members of varying ages and to utilize your specific skill set to offer awareness and member education. You will be part of the Matrix team that shares an unyielding commitment to improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare. Come help us navigate and develop the future of healthcare!
The contracted Registered Nurse (RN) provides Health Plan Wellness Assessments, educates members, and provides advice and emotional support that drives demonstrated improvements in health and outcomes. Assessment types may include care coordination, fall prevention and care transitions programs to reduce hospital readmissions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts in home/facility assessments and appropriate screenings
- Educates members, family and/or care providers on medications, important post discharge focus areas and plan of care if appropriate based on health plan assessment program
- Works collaboratively with physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, case managers, social workers, family members, key care givers and any appropriate ancillary medical personnel as appropriate
- Makes sound nursing judgment regarding conditions that may arise during the assessment
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize problems/goals and interventions based on patient needs
- Ensures overall quality and appropriateness of care consistent with Matrix Medical Network policies and protocols
- Maintains control of all PHI information
- Completes documentation according to program requirements and training is compliant with OSHA, CLIA, State Board of Nursing regulations
- Participates in all mandatory compliance and other training programs, seeks guidance for compliance-related concerns and adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and Matrix Medical Network policies and procedures
- Observes/interprets patientsâ€™ symptoms and communicates them to the physician, nurse practitioner, and/or physician assistants who is responsible for their care
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice
- Maintains nursing license in good standing
- Two (2) years of home health or geriatrics experience (or a combination of both) required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- One (1) year of clinical working experience
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate to all levels throughout the organization using written, verbal and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to accurately document a patient's medical history and to report technical information to other doctors and patients; establish and maintain records, reports and statistical data
- Outstanding teamwork and multitasking skills; ability to thrive and prioritize in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both external and internal customers, acts with customers in mind by exhibiting professionalism and courteousness
- Passion for working with members/patients, changing lives with a comforting bedside manner
- Ability to think independently, make decisions, while adhering to company standards and guidelines
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism, demeanor and confidentiality by using initiative and judgment
- Must be proficient in the use of medical and laboratory equipment and experience with electronic medical records (EMR)
- Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including, Outlook, Word and Excel. Laptop/IPad /Tablet with MS Word 2007 or higher required
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities required
- Must meet company driving standards
- Must have valid state driver license and be able to drive a car
- Must meet companyâ€™s automobile liability insurance standards and provide proof of coverage
- Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations
Physical and Psychological Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, and/or stretching from seated or standing positions
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate medical equipment, computer tablet, computer keyboard, telephone, copier, calculator and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust visual focus, hearing and smelling
- Must be able to communicate information via telephone or computer
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity of the job
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to observe â€œUniversal Precautionsâ€ for blood-borne pathogens and body fluids
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a contractor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the contractor is occasionally exposed to variable temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, smoke, blood and other body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The time will be split between administrative and clinical duties based on the needs of the Company.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by a contractor assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position.